John 10:10 – “Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I come that you might have life and have it more abundantly.”
“Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not He who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not He who guards your life know it? Will He not repay each person according to what he has done?”
This past Sunday was “Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.” Across America there are sermons addressing the value of human life and reminding us what God has to say about this gift He has given each of us.
The reason we observe this special day is to protest the slaughter of the innocent unborn that has been going on in our country for many years, and to bring awareness to God’s people about this sin in our society.
Let me say in the beginning, that there is NO SIN that God will not forgive. And there are NO CONSEQUENCES that God cannot heal!
God is “pro life!” The Scripture teaches that His people are to be pro life, for God is all about life and life abundantly!
Therefore, in any protest we involve ourselves in, violence, or any other destruction of property or life would NOT be God’s way of opposing this ill in our society!
The Value of Human Life
“For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.”
- Who is it that gives life?
- Who is it that forms the baby in the womb?
- Who is it, in His appointed time, will take life?
- It is God Almighty and Him alone!
We either believe the Bible or we do not. The subject of abortion does NOT come with an exemption when it comes to Life!
I have heard people say, “I will do with my body what I want to do?” What’s wrong with that statement?
- First of all, the statement is quite prideful, arrogant and misguided. It is God who will do with our bodies what He chooses to do since He is the Creator – we are the created!
- Secondly, the child in the womb is NOT the body of the mother; it is a separate, distinct creation of God!
For example, remember, over a decade ago when Jeff Peterson was found guilty for not only killing his wife, but killing his unborn child as well? What hypocrisy!
What about the teenage Christian girl who finds herself pregnant while still in school? In some cases, I have heard that the “Christian” parents have agreed with the daughter to get an abortion! What hypocrisy!
Abortion is not so much terminating a pregnancy, it is murdering a child, a child of God’s creation!
I see this blatant hypocrisy in the news almost every day:
- There are many who will vehemently defend the rights of animals, but NOT the unborn child.
- There are many who would like to remove every gun from the American people, for fear that someone might become a victim of a shooting, but they have no problem pulling the trigger on abortion at any stage in pregnancy.
- There are those who would have the government determine what discipline is correct for our children, but have no problem taking the child’s life in the womb! What hypocrisy!
Defending Human Life
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 – “For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 6 who is ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.”
Abortion has long been a demonic stronghold in our society. In the “Judgment of the Nations,” (Matt. 25) America will have to give an account before Jesus Christ!
Praise God, abortions are on the decline! Praise God, Congress has recently voted to defund Planned Parenthood! But there is still a battle to be won. What can we do?
- Prayer and Protests must continue.
- Speak out for Life whenever we get an opportunity.
- Vote for candidates who are pro life.
- Support you local Crisis Pregnancy Center.
- Educate our children about the truth of the sin of abortion.
When the Lord sees His people standing strong for what He desires, and defending the most helpless humans on earth (the unborn child), He will then step in and do the rest!
May it be that we will look back in a few short years and say, “Praise God, we have overcome the two greatest crimes against humanity in our nation’s history:
- The Evil of Slavery
- The Killing of the Unborn Child!”
Questions for Reflection
- Have you or someone close to you been part of an abortion? Have you found forgiveness through Jesus Christ?
- Have you made the issue of abortion a matter of prayer and fasting?
- Have you been faithful to lovingly speak out in defense of the unborn?